Thursday, June 04, 2009

New Genre of Working



Work in Progress concepts

So now that I'm applying for all kinds of jobs, especially in the game area, I realized that I seriously need to come up with some work that's geared more for that type of design. From what I've seen, especially with this next generation of consoles, is that realism is becoming ever more important, and that's something that my portfolio really doesn't have.

What I've decided to do is to come up with a concept for a game, and do a body of work illustrating the characters, props, and concepts dealing with that. I've already begun working on this, and came up with a sort of hybrid RTS and MMO type game, complete with 6 races of characters, and have begun working of the design of 2 of them: a cyborg-type human and a forest spirit. Working in this way is actually not very different than coming up with model sheets for an animated character. Very blue-print like. However, the style of drawing is very alien to my hand and it is taking a while to get used to, but I've discovered I kind of like it. Hopefully, I'll finish the big illustration today nd get to work on some of the other characters.

No comments: